Call: (805) 644-8881

To Schedule a Free Consultation

Ventura Guardianships

The court may appoint a "guardian of the person of a minor" where both parents are dead or missing, or parental custody is detrimental to the child. It is becoming quite common in courts to see grandparents or relatives of a minor seek guardianship and control of a child when the parents are unfit to raise the child due to drug dependency, homelessness, or a criminal conviction or incarceration. A guardianship petition is the only judicial means for a non-parent to obtain custody when the parents have not initiated a custody proceeding. Each situation and case is different. Please feel free to contact me to discuss your unique family situation.

Meet Steve Mitnick